We are currently actively recruiting for multiple lab positions. Please see table below and click on the tab that best describes the position you’re interested in.
A PhD, or MD/PhD in a relevant field (Neuroscience, Psychology, Biomedical engineering or related discipline) is required.
• Experience in intracranial recordings, electrophysiology (local field potentials and/or single-unit recordings) and computational models of valuation and choice are all highly desirable.
• Strong programming skills (Matlab, R, Python) and deep understanding of statistical methods are a must. Experience with electrophysiology analysis suites (EEGlab, Fieldtrip) a plus.
• Excellent English speaking and writing skills (including presentation skills).
• Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative program and comfortable navigating a clinical environment.
• Must be capable of designing and conducting experiments independently, writing manuscripts and grant applications, and presenting their research at international meetings.
How To Apply
Please send an email with the following documents to Elisa M Valenton (email@example.com):
(1) Curriculum Vitae including publications and awards, (2) Concise statement of past and future research interests, and (3) Name and contact information for 2-3 references (one of which should be the Ph.D. advisor).
Send all questions to isaez [at] ucdavis.edu, with the subject line: “Neurological surgery postdoc application.”
A few examples of undergraduate research projects that could be carried out in the lab include:
• Design a computer game or app for online data collection.
• Create an organize a dataset structure for organizing and sharing research data, according to the NIH Open Access Policy.
• Analyze electrophysiological (e.g. EEG) data from human patients.
• Interview and administer questionnaires to neurological/neurosurgical patients in the hospital.